Tuesday, September 15, 2009

JoAnn's Coupons and Classes

Last weekend I took a Sewing 101 class at Jo-Ann's. It was a blast! I can now sew pillowcases. Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas!

I have had a sewing machine sitting in its little plastic case for about six years now, but have never taken the time to learn how to use it. So, I am almost 40 years old and cannot sew a straight line. (I hear the key to sewing a straight line is to cut a straight line! Now, there is my real problem.)

And now you ask, "Why are you starting to sew at age 39, I mean 25?" Well, I have decided that all of the cute, little, custom-made dresses that I buy for my daughter cannot be that hard to make! I am a pretty sharp gal, so surely I can figure out how to work this crazy contraption called a sewing machine.

Yes, I am signed up for more classes in the near future to learn how to read patterns and sew cute dresses. Join me! You can go here to find out about Jo-Ann's classes this fall. If you sign up for a class, you get a 30% off coupon for your materials.

Go here to sign up for Jo-Ann's Preferred Customer mailing list, too. They will send you info on their latest promotions. September is National Sewing Month. Also, note that this is Coupon Commotion Week, so Jo-Ann's had great coupons in the circular this weekend. Lots of 40% off coupons! Here is the link for the online coupons. Don't forget to use your teacher rewards discount, too, if that applies to you. Homeschool moms, that means you, too! If you see a deal somewhere else that is better, don't forget that Jo-Ann's will price match.

If you prefer to shop online, use the online code TTF267A to get 50% off of a regularly priced item. Check online for exclusions.

You can stock up now on sewing items (or scrapping papers, for my scrap happy friends - Samantha and Stephanie!) for those long winter nights when you sit by the fire sewing your family's Christmas PJ's. Ok, I digress... we don't have long winter nights in Knoxville, TN! So, find a long boring half-time show during a UT game and go for it!

Blessings of savings!
Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great job! And yes...for the paper ho's, we'll need to stock up soon--right Sam? LOL

    ReplyDelete